30 Aug 3 Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas
We all know that breakfast is tremendously important. It replenishes your body after sleep and gives you the energy you need to greet the day. However, many people struggle to find quick breakfast options that also provide high-quality nutrition. These quick healthy breakfast ideas are both nutrient-rich and easy to prepare.
1. Quick healthy breakfast smoothie
- 1 cup orange juice
- 10 oz. 1% milk
- 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 1 T. cocoa powder
- 2 T. hydrolyzed gelatin
- 75g carbohydrate
- 36g protein
- 3g fat
Blend all ingredients together, then put it in a thermos and go! Makes enough for two servings.
2. Cottage cheese and berries
- 2/3 cup cottage cheese (1%)
- 2 cups berries or berry compote*
- 1 T. honey
- 20g protein
- 46g carbohydrates
- 2g fat
Simply put the ingredients in an airtight container and go!
* For added convenience, keep a compote of mixed berries in the fridge. To make the compote, heat frozen berries over low heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes (stirring occasionally). Refrigerate for 3-5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
3. Scrambled eggs and OJ
- 12 oz. orange juice
- 1 T. hydrolyzed gelatin
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 13g protein
- 36g carbohydrates
- 10g fat
Put the orange juice in a shaker cup, add gelatin, and shake to combine. Set aside while you cook the egg.*
Put the egg in a small bowl, add salt and pepper to taste, and scramble with a fork. Heat the coconut oil in a pan, add egg mixture, cook over low-medium heat for about 2 minutes (until cooked), and serve.
* For added convenience, cook the egg in a microwave. Microwave the egg mixture for 45 seconds, remove and stir, then return to the microwave for 30 more seconds. Set aside to cool before eating.
Looking to optimize your health and prepare your mind and body to meet daily challenges? Remember to carve out a little time for a healthy morning breakfast. Our quick healthy breakfast recipes are a great place to start.
Editor’s note: These recipes originally appeared on LiamSpringer.com.